Stay up-to-date about what's happening on campus by clicking through this section. Check back often as we continue to post new stories and announcements.
Salesianum’s cast of Bye Bye Birdie welcomed a special guest on Friday evening – Kevin Shotwell from the Broadway revival cast of Bye Bye Birdie with John Stamos! The cast enjoyed a special master class with Shotwell during their rehearsal time, giving them the opportunity to learn about his experiences on Broadway and to ask in-depth questions about the show and its characters.
Bye Bye Birdie premiers at Salesianum on Friday, March 20 at 7:30 PM.
The show runs:
March 20 and 21 at 7:30 PM
March 22 at 2:00 pm
March 27 and 28 at 7:30 PM
On Saturday, Feb. 21, Salesianum welcomed middle and high school students from across Delaware to Heart in the Game, a free cardiac health event. Activities included:
- Free EKG screenings from Nemours
- Hands Only CPR/AED training by New Castle County EMS
- Drinking, Driving, Disaster presentation by MidAtlantic Safety Foundation (AAA)
- Healthy Eating presentation by Nemours
This event was just one in a series of several events dedicated to raising funds and awareness for the American Heart Association, including:
- A “Red Out” during the AI duPont basketball game on Feb. 5, where the student section dressed in special red t-shirts.
- A month-long fitness competition where students record their exercise miles in the Fitness Center.
- A CrossFit-style competition assembly, to occur sometime in the next couple of weeks (rescheduled because of weather).
Salsthon 2015 is officially underway! Now in its third year, SALSthon stands for Students About Life Saving. Over the past two years, the event has raised more than $200,000 for the fight against childhood cancer with this annual fundraiser staffed by students from Salesianum, Padua, Ursuline, and Archmere.Read the Full Article
Four Salesianum seniors signed official letters of intent on Wednesday, February 4 in Centenary Hall. Congratulations to:
Jake McAteer (soccer) University of Rhode Island
Connor Freeborn (football) University of Connecticut
Michael Sanzone (lacrosse) Canisius College
Zachary Warren (football) Shippensburg University