Class of 2023 Entrance and Placement Exam (8th Graders)
Saturday, November 17 or Sunday, November 18
Salesianum uses the admissions test as the primary tool in evaluating candidates; however, also important are the student’s transcript, teacher recommendations and legacy status. The school administers the Closed Catholic High School Placement Exam (HSPT). This a national exam used by 85% of Catholic high schools. For information on entrance exam accommodations for students with special learning needs please visit our Educational Support page. For more information on how to register for the entrance exam, visit the Admissions Process page.
- A submitted online application for admission reserves a seat for this exam.
- Students should arrive by 8:15 a.m. on Saturday or 11:45 a.m. on Sunday.
- Students should bring two number 2 pencils.
- Calculators are not permitted.
- Dress is casual.
- Students will be dismissed around 11:45 a.m. on Saturday and 3:30 p.m. on Sunday. An additional hour is needed for those students testing with the extended time accomodation.
- Be sure to bring a printed copy of the application confirmation email which serves as his entrance ticket to the exam.
Class of 2024 Practice Entrance Exam (7th Graders)
Seventh graders are invited to take the entrance exam as a practice test. Students wishing to prepare for the exam may invest in a high school placement prep book designed for the Closed Catholic High School Exam (HSPT), but should not attempt to cram for the exam. The best preparation is consistent dedication to studies and a good night’s sleep.