8th Grade Entrance and Placement Exam
Saturday, November 22 at 8:30 a.m. or Sunday, November 23 at noon
Salesianum uses the admissions test as the primary tool in evaluating candidates; however, also important are the student’s transcript, teacher recommendations and legacy issues. The school administers the Closed Catholic High School Placement Exam (HSPT). This a national exam used by 85% of Catholic high schools. Please click here for information on entrance exam accommodations for students with special learning needs.
Please complete the online application located under the Admissions tab to register for the exam.
Students wishing to prepare for the exam may invest in a high school placement prep book, but should not attempt to cram for the exam. The best preparation is consistent dedication to eighth grade studies and a good night’s sleep.
- Students need to pre-register at least a week in advance of the exam date.
- The non-refundable fee for the exam is $65.00.
- On Saturday, students should arrive by 8:15 a.m. and are usually dismissed around 11:45 a.m. On Sunday, students should arrive by 11:45 a.m. and will be dismissed around 3:15 p.m.
- Students should bring two number 2 pencils.
- Calculators are not permitted.
Students who have the highest national percentile composite scores on the November test are eligible for academic scholarships.
7th Grade Entrance Exam
Seventh graders are invited to take the entrance exam as a practice test on Saturday, March 7 at 8:30 a.m. An online application will be available in January.